We are still stuck in the middle of the unknown and getting across the finishing line is becoming increasingly difficult. What are we to do? We cannot sit still and do nothing so we move forward with the forethought that we will be able to reach our goal and hold the ShowEast Convention in Miami Florida on December 7-10, 2020.
We realize that it is still too soon for the studios, cinema operators, manufacturers and distributors to determine if they are able to go to Miami Beach for ShowEast. Everyone wants to go to meet with friends, associates and even competitors to talk about the industry and get acclimated to the new normal.
We won’t know for a while if it will be safe to attend, that your company will allow you to fly and whether you will have the budget to do so. But as convention organizers we need to move forward with the passionate attitude that it will be a go.
That is why you keep seeing blast emails and letters from our office. We are committed to make it happen and until it’s a definite go or no-go we will continue our effort.
We are prepared to cancel the show on or before October 30 so that our friends and clients will be able to recover any room deposits or airline ticket expenses if we cannot provide a safe environment.
Keeping our fingers crossed that we will all meet in Miami Beach in December.